Tuesday, June 21, 2011

We got one!

We got a gog! We were out walking last week (we all take a walk after dinner unless it's too hot) and a 3-legged dog ran up to us. I was Mama-bear to her until I saw how amazing she was with the kids. She seemed lost so I called the number on her collar and left a voicemail. The dog was so sweet and well-behaved that i remarked to Travis that she was the perfect dog for us and it was too bad that she had an owner. The owner (Kristi) called back and I let her know where we lived and told her we'd put the dog in our backyard until she could come get her. I had the baby in the tub when Kristi came but after they left Travis and Quinn ran to the bottom of the stairs excitedly and told me that Kristi had been looking for a new home for the dog and she was ours if we wanted her. So we went and got her Saturday. We named her Lena (cause she's a leaner...) and she is an amazing pet! She never barks and is super gentle with the kids. She lost her leg when she was hit by a car, so she hates loud noises (like thunder and fireworks... she's fine with my screaming kids) and is a bit timid, but we love her so much! And every time Harper sees her it's like Christmas. :)

I'm going to try to post a picture, so we will see what happens:

No comments:

Post a Comment